Pages

bet365

Friday 28 June 2013

Tevez: It's an honour to be given Del Piero's shirt


Tevez: It's an honour to be given Del Piero's shirt

The Argentine attacker is keen to emulate the Bianconeri icon and has set his sights on winning silverware with the Italian champions
Carlos Tevez feels honoured to be awarded the No.10 shirt that previously belonged to Juventus icon Alessandro Del Piero following his transfer from Manchester City.

The Argentina international signed a three-year deal with the Serie A champions on Wednesday and is keen to follow in the footsteps of the former Italy international in Turin.

"It's a pleasure to have Del Piero's shirt. He's a great champion and I hold him in high esteem," he said at a press conference.

"The big challenge isn't wearing the No.10, but being up to the standard of Juve. I wore Maradona's No.10 at Boca..."

Tevez then went on to discuss his ambitions for next season and stressed that winning the Serie A title is his main objective.

"I'm not currently thinking about being next season's top scorer. I'm thinking about the targets the team could reach.

"We must win Serie A. The dream is the Champions League, but we need to take one step at a time.

"Playing for Juve, one of the greatest clubs in the world, excites me. I've always liked Italian football. I want to bring my experience and quality to the team."

The 29-year-old also briefly discussed AC Milan's interest and stressed that he has not been in touch with Rossoneri CEO Adriano Galliani recently.

"I want to make this clear: I haven't spoken to Galliani recently, the last time was over a year ago." ------------------- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment