Pages

bet365

Wednesday 26 June 2013

Torres urges critics to look beyond his first year at Chelsea

Torres urges critics to look beyond his first year at Chelsea

Torres urges critics to look beyond his first year at Chelsea

After netting 23 goals in all competitions last term, the Spaniard feels that his achievements at Stamford Bridge are being overlooked
Chelsea striker Fernando Torres has called for critics to stop judging him on his first year at Stamford Bridge and look at the bigger picture.

The Spain international initially struggled to hit peak form in the aftermath of his record €59 million move from Liverpool in January 2011, scoring just once in 18 matches before winning the Champions League in his first full campaign.
But Torres enjoyed a better time in 2012-13, scoring 23 goals in all competitions as he helped the Blues to Europa League success, and he believes that he is falling back into his old routine.

"I think that everyone has in their heads my first year at Chelsea, which was not good, more than reality itself," he told The Sun.

"I am pleased with my performances, although I demanded an awful lot more from myself. Things are returning to normality for me.

"I feel very well, physically well despite the fact it was a very long season. I am comfortable, strong and fast." --------------------- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment