Pages

bet365

Thursday 27 June 2013

Bryant hails Messi, Neymar for killer instinct

Bryant hails Messi, Neymar for killer instinct

Posted at 06/24/2013 5:05 PM | Updated as of 06/24/2013 5:05 PM
MANILA, Philippines – NBA All-Star Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers expressed his admiration for the Barcelona pair of Lionel Messi and Neymar for the killer instinct they display in the football pitch.
Bryant, who is on a trip to Brazil and has watched at least one Confederations Cup match, was asked by FIFA.com which player he thinks has "the same killer instinct as the Black Mamba."
“I’ve never seen Neymar play in the flesh, but I’ve heard great things about him,” Bryant said of the 21-year-old Brazilian who has scored three goals in three matches so far in the tournament.
Bryant, a five-time NBA champion, is also a fan of Messi, the four-time winner of the Ballon d’Or.
“I’ve been watching Messi for some time now, and his ability to decide games and keep possession of the ball is amazing,” he said.
Neymar and Messi will join forces for Barcelona starting next season after the Brazilian announced he has signed a five-year contract with the Catalan giants late in May.
“I should also mention Cristiano Ronaldo,” Bryant added, referring to the Real Madrid striker who is considered as Messi’s chief rival for the title of best player in the world. “I think (Ronaldo) is brilliant.”
“I think these guys view sport in the same way I do,” he added.
Bryant played football while growing up in Italy, and the “beautiful game” has helped him improve as a basketball player as well.
“The football I played as a kid helps me assess angles and situations on the basketball court in a different light,” he said. ----------------------- CBNnews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment