Pages

bet365

Friday 27 September 2013

Ronaldo: Real Madrid have made Cristiano a complete player

Ronaldo: Real Madrid have made Cristiano a complete player

Ronaldo: Real Madrid have made Cristiano a complete player

The former Blancos striker believes his namesake has become more rounded since his move from Manchester United and has backed Carlo Ancelotti to deliver success

Former Brazil and Real Madrid sensation Ronaldo says Cristiano Ronaldo has become "a very complete player" since his move to Spain.

The 28-year-old has scored a remarkable 208 goals in 205 appearances for los Blancos since his €94 million move from Manchester United in 2009, and his Brazilian namesake - a three-time winner of the Fifa World Player of the Year award - believes the Portugal captain has developed significantly at Santiago Bernabeu.

"Cristiano is very good. He has become a much more rounded player here and everyone gets excited about watching him play the way he does here with Real Madrid," Ronaldo told the club's official website.

"Coming here has been good for him. He was already scoring a lot of goals for Manchester United, but here he scores a lot more and he has developed a taste for being a goalscorer. He is a very complete player."

The 37-year-old also spoke about Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti, backing the Italian to have a strong impact upon the team this season.

"The team looks very good to me. They have started well and Ancelotti’s influence will show," Ronaldo continued.
"He will make the team play his way. He has a lot of experience and he is a coach who is very easy to get along with. The players like him to be their friend."

Finally, the all-time leading World Cup finals goalscorer admitted he still enjoys visiting the Spanish capital whenever time allows, after watching the team's final training session prior to Wednesday's clash with Elche.

"I was here for five years and I am always happy to come back. I still have a house in Madrid. I spent many years training here and I am always excited about coming back," the former Inter man added.

"There are a lot of young players in the squad and others who I played alongside and who I have good memories of, like Iker [Casillas], Sergio [Ramos], the coach, who I was with at AC Milan, and obviously [Zinedine] Zidane.

"I miss being with them and that is why I have come to see them.

"Right now I am working so that the World Cup in Brazil is the best ever. I have a lot of work, but I am very pleased to be doing it. We are all very excited about the next World Cup." ------------------------- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment