Pages

bet365

Thursday 26 September 2013

Ibrahimovic considered PSG exit

Ibrahimovic considered PSG exit

Ibrahimovic considered PSG exit

The Swede, who signed a new contract on Tuesday, has revealed that a stay at Parc des Princes was never certain but is happy to have chosen not to leave

Paris Saint-Germain star Zlatan Ibrahimovic has revealed that he seriously considered leaving during the summer and made contact with other clubs.

The Swede, 31, joined from AC Milan in 2012 but his superb goalscoring form - helping PSG take the Ligue 1 title for the first time in 19 years - saw him linked with the likes of Chelsea, Real Madrid and Juventus.

However, having signed a year extension of his contract, which is set to keep him at Parc des Princes until 2016, Ibrahimovic was candid about his agent speaking to other top teams about a potential move, though insists he is delighted to remain with les Parisiens.

"I can confirm that this summer my agent spoke with several clubs," he said to RMC Sport, following PSG's 1-0 win over Valenciennes on Wednesday.

"I spoke with PSG president [Nasser Al-Khelaifi] and, after our conversation, I decided to stay here and we reached a [contract] agreement.

"I am happy here and I hope that together PSG and I can do something historic." ----------------------------- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment