Pages

bet365

Tuesday 24 September 2013

Messi refused to shake my hand, claims Baena

Messi refused to shake my hand, claims Baena

Messi refused to shake my hand, claims Baena

The 24-year-old says the Argentine snubbed him prior to the game - despite reports claiming the midfielder was in fact guilty of the same thing
Rayo Vallecano's Raul Baena has claimed Lionel Messi refused to shake his hand before his side's clash with Barcelona on Sunday.

Reports have suggested that the midfielder was in fact guilty of rejecting the Argentine ahead of the encounter, which ended 4-0 in the Blaugrana's favour, but Baena claims it was the other way around.

"This is an issue that I would like to clarify, because in the many reports it has been assumed that it was me who refused to greet Messi," the 24-year-old was quoted as saying on Rayo’s official website.

"They were the visitors and were passing us by for the greeting. You can clearly see that there is hint from me to shake hands, in seeing him pass by, I retract mine.

"I do not know if he did not notice, but I do not give it any importance. Nor I do not want to focus much on this, it is an insignificant detail, but I want to clarify and settle the issue now.

"And also the foul I committed on Messi, which is also being spoken about. It is a foul that is seen in many games with many players and it is not given the slightest attention.

"It is an action that the referee has punished with a yellow card and nothing more. I believe that to dwell on an action of the game is nonsense." ------------------ goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment