Pages

bet365

Thursday 26 September 2013

Jovetic keen to make up for lost time after breaking Manchester City duck

Jovetic keen to make up for lost time after breaking Manchester City duck

Jovetic keen to make up for lost time after breaking Manchester City duck

The 23-year-old has been sidelined through injury since his big-money move from Fiorentina in the summer, but notched twice against Wigan on Wednesday

Manchester City striker Stevan Jovetic is determined to make his mark at the Etihad Stadium after missing the start of the season through injury.

The Montenegrin has been forced to watch from the sidelines since making a big-money move from Fiorentina in the summer, but scored twice on his second start for the club in a 5-0 Capital One Cup victory over Wigan on Tuesday.





And Jovetic now wants to make up for lost time as he looks to force his way ahead of Edin Dzeko, Sergio Aguero and Alvaro Negredo in Manuel Pellegrini's first-team plans.

"It was difficult for me because I was the last to come here, and I was injured, so when they played the first games, I was doing preparation," he told the Manchester Evening News. "Now I am much better and I hope that by playing more I will show much more.

"I feel settled here now. I was accepted from my first day, especially by Matija Nastasic, Kolarov and Edin Dzeko, but also by the rest of the squad."

The cup win follows Sunday’s emphatic 4-1 derby victory over local rivals Manchester United and Jovetic is hoping the squad can maintain their winning mentality, starting with Saturday’s trip to Aston Villa.

"I hope we are going to continue in this way. It was difficult after we won 4-1 against United, but we demonstrated we can change players and win," he continued.

"There were so many new players, but the whole squad played very well. Now we must forget this game as we have a very important game on Saturday at Aston Villa.

"I hope we can win that one, because the last two away games in the league have ended as a defeat and a draw." --------------------- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment