Pages

bet365

Friday 31 May 2013

Valdes to stay at Barcelona until 2014

The 31-year-old says he is drained psychologically after 10 years at Camp Nou - but will see out his contract

Valdes to stay at Barcelona until 2014

The 31-year-old says he is drained psychologically after 10 years at Camp Nou - but will see out his contract
May 31, 2013 10:00:00 AM
The goalkeeper has made it clear that he will not leave the Primera Division champions this summer






Victor Valdes has insisted that he will not leave Barcelona in the summer transfer window and will stay put until the end of his contract in June 2014.

The goalkeeper told Barca earlier this season that he does not want to extend his current deal, leading to speculation that he could be on his way out of the Liga champions this summer.

Monaco were believed to be keen to lure him to France, but the 31-year-old has now made it clear that he will see out his contract at Camp Nou.

"I owe the fans an explanation as to why I will not renew my contract. Barcelona have given me everything and this has been home for 20 years," Valdes said at a press conference.

"The pressure as a goalkeeper is huge, though, at this club. I am exhausted psychologically and I feel that my cycle at the club ends in 2014. This is not about money.

"I feel honoured that the club want me to continue, but my decision is final. I will continue to wear the Barca jersey with honour until the final day of my contract.

"I think that the club have enough time to find a good successor."

Valdes made his official first team debut in 2002-03 and has since made over 500 appearances for the club. ------------------- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment