Pages

bet365

Thursday 17 October 2013

Rodwell returns to action in Manchester City reserves win

Rodwell returns to action in Manchester City reserves win

Rodwell returns to action in Manchester City reserves win

The midfielder made his comeback from injury with a 90-minute run out in Wednesday's fixture against Rochdale as he looks to force his way into Manuel Pellegrini's first team

Manchester City midfielder Jack Rodwell returned to action in a reserve-team fixture against Rochdale on Wednesday night.

The 22-year-old has been absent for most of the season with a hamstring injury, but played 90 minutes as the Sky Blues won on penalties.

Rodwell has fallen down the pecking order following the arrival of Fernandinho, who occupies the central-midfield spot alongside Yaya Toure, but is now hoping for first-team exposure under Manuel Pellegrini.

"I've missed a lot of football and not had a lot of gametime," Rodwell told the club's official website. "I've not trained too much which is why I've played the full 90 minutes tonight. I'm really pleased.

"I'm fit and we'll just see, I've not trained too much but I'm fit and available for selection."

The former Everton man also spoke of his delight at England reaching the World Cup in Brazil next year, though his focus remains on domestic duties before thinking of representing the Three Lions.

"I'm taking it one step at a time," he continued. "Obviously I'm happy with the result. I've got one eye on it [making the England squad]. Hopefully I'll get in the team soon and keep playing." ------------------- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment