Pages

bet365

Tuesday 29 October 2013

Fletcher makes Manchester United return

Fletcher makes Manchester United return

Fletcher makes Manchester United return

The Scot has only made 13 first-team appearances since being diagnosed with ulcerative colitis in December 2011, but returned to action on Monday with the Under-21 side

Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher has returned to competitive action for the first time since Boxing Day 2012 with an appearance for the club's under-21 side.

Fletcher has made just 13 first-team appearances since being diagnosed with ulcerative colitis in December 2011.
But the Scotland international started United Under-21s' 2-2 draw with Fulham as an overage player, before praising boss David Moyes for his support.





"He's [Moyes] been liaising with the doc and speaking to me regularly," Fletcher told MUTV. "He's got an important job right now working with the first team, but he's given me all the time I need, he's been a great support and I couldn't ask for any more.

"I'm hoping to get a few more U21s games in, obviously I need to finish the 90 minutes and try to work my way into the squad, wait for a chance and I've got to be ready to take it."

The Sweeper revealed yesterday that Fletcher was in line for a surprise appearance for the Capital One Cup tie with Norwich after two weeks of training.

And the Scot praised his family for motivating him back to fitness, after undergoing surgery on his bowel in January.

"It's been tough but luckily I've got a great family around me, wife, children, mum, dad, sisters, I've got a great family around me and if it wasn't for them I probably wouldn't be standing here today, they keep me going, they keep me motivated and lift me when I'm down," he added.

"All these factors contribute to me starting here today on the road to recovery."
In front of former United legend David Beckham, the Red Devils' youngsters came from two goals behind to record a 2-2 draw, thanks to an 87th minute equaliser from Will Keane. ---------- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment