Pages

bet365

Wednesday 30 October 2013

Cristiano Ronaldo shames Sepp Blatter, world football's biggest of cheeses, into apologising to him



Cristiano Ronaldo shames Sepp Blatter, world football's biggest of cheeses, into apologising to him

FIFA chief grovels to the Real Madrid superstar after he's caught poking fun at him during a speech to college students
My bad! Blatter is sorry if he offended Ronaldo
My bad! Blatter is sorry if he offended Ronaldo
Grovelling Sepp Blatter has apologised to Cristiano Ronaldo after being caught lampooning him.
The FIFA president took to Twitter to court the Real Madrid star following a three-minute video – taken as Blatter spoke to the Oxford Union on Friday – going viral.
In the video, which you can see below, Blatter, who has also written to apologise to Real Madrid, mocks the Portugal striker’s style of play and admits he prefers Barcelona’s Lionel Messi.
Both players are among the 23 contenders for FIFA’s Ballon d’Or, given to the world player of the year.
Blatter says in the video, to widespread laughter: “I can’t say who’s the best, there will again be a contest this year – I like both of them. But I prefer Messi.”
Suggesting Ronaldo is vain, he added: “One has more expenses for the hairdresser than the other.”

 Ronaldo responded by writing on Facebook: “This video shows clearly the respect and consideration FIFA has for me, for my club and my country. Much is explained now.
“I wish Mr. Blatter health and a long life, with the certainty he will continue to witness, as he deserves, the successes of his favourite teams and players.”
Blatter later responded: “I apologise if you were upset by my light-hearted answer at a private event on Friday. I never meant to offend you.
"I am an honorary 'socio' at Real Madrid & explained we've many talented players in world game, including you. Best wishes."

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/cristiano-ronaldo-shames-sepp-blatter-2654855#ixzz2jBiRNSgm

No comments:

Post a Comment