Pages

bet365

Tuesday 29 October 2013

Frustrated Agger could leave Liverpool

Frustrated Agger could leave Liverpool

Frustrated Agger could leave Liverpool

The Danish defender has played 215 times for the Reds but has only started four Premier League games this season due to the form of Kolo Toure, Mamadou Sakho and Martin Skrtel

Liverpool defender Daniel Agger admits he will have to leave Anfield if he can not regain his place in the side.

The Denmark international has only started four Premier League games this season, having fallen behind Martin Skrtel, Kolo Toure and Mamadou Sakho in the pecking order.





Agger has been at Liverpool since January 2006, appearing 215 times, but admits his time could be coming to a end if he cannot break back into the team.

"If I don't play, and if the manager doesn't think I am good enough, that could make me leave Liverpool,” he told reporters.

"I'm here to play football, nothing else. So if I don't play football, then I don't want to be here anymore."

Manager Brendan Rodgers sympathises with Agger's predicament, but is adamant he has to be fair to his players and select his teams on current form rather than past achievement.

"I’ve always tried to show my fairness with players. People say ‘you don’t like this player’ or ‘you don’t like that player’ but it’s about performance level," said Rodgers.

"If you are playing well you’ll play. If you’re not you’ll be in and out of the team. I’ve got an international captain [Agger] sitting on the bench but that’s because I like to think I’m fair and if people are playing well they play. Martin has been outstanding.

"I think in the run of games he’s had he’s gained confidence and that’s meant I’ve acknowledged and recognised that he’s playing at a really good level." ------------------ goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment