Pages

bet365

Friday 25 October 2013

Robinho: Ibrahimovic return would be great


Robinho: Ibrahimovic return would be great

Robinho: Ibrahimovic return would be great

The Brazilian believes the Sweden star could strike up a fearsome partnership with Mario Balotelli and backed Kaka to rediscover his best form
AC Milan attacker Robinho admits it "wouldn't hurt" if the club were to re-sign striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

The Sweden star departed for Paris Saint-Germain in the summer of 2012, but former team-mate Robinho believes the 32-year-old could strike up a fearsome partnership with Mario Balotelli should he ever decide to return to Serie A.

"Ibra is extraordinary," he told Corriere dello Sport. "It wouldn't hurt [to sign him]. Balotelli and Ibra up front, Kaka and I a little further behind... The more strikers there are, the more space I have and more of a chance of us scoring."

Robinho, who scored in Milan's midweek draw with Barcelona, admits he is enjoying his football again and has no pressing desire to leave the club - thanks largely to the return of compatriot Kaka.

"I'm well, I'm happy because my form has become ideal again and because I'm playing football. My brother Ricky [Kaka] has come back," said the 29-year-old.

"I admit there were long periods of doubt. I decided to stay with Milan, I renewed my contract for three years.

"I spoke with my family. We all love Milan, it's a beautiful city. I've put a lid on the return to Santos, at least until my contract with Milan is up [in June 2016]."

"It has always been my mentality not to give up. It must be a great season for me and AC Milan. I'll try to get back into the national team and go to the World Cup."

The former Real Madrid man also revealed he tried to convince Kaka to return to Italy as early as January this year, adding his belief that the 31-year-old could recapture the form which saw him lift the Ballon d'Or in 2007.

"We've always been friends, on and off the field. It represents a lot to have him back," added Robinho. "I did everything possible to bring him back to Milan.

"He has incredible quality, he is always an example, even in private life. If he is physically fit and gets back to how he was before he went to Real Madrid he could win the Ballon d'Or." --------------------- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment