Pages

bet365

Friday 18 October 2013

Marquinhos fighting for World Cup spot

Marquinhos fighting for World Cup spot

Marquinhos fighting for World Cup spot

The 19-year-old is oozing confidence and hopes his eye-catching displays will have caught the attention of Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari

Paris Saint-Germain defender Marquinhos says his dream is to play for Brazil in their home World Cup next year and is determined to make sure it happens.

The young defender made the move to PSG in the summer following a spell with Roma, and has already caught the eye with some impressive displays, notching three goals for Laurent Blanc's men.

"I have not earned the respect of the club by accident," he told reporters. "I fought for it and seized the opportunity.
"Nothing will prevent me from progressing over time."

Asked if he believes he has a chance of featuring for Brazil at next year's World Cup, Marquinhos responded confidently.

"Why not? I have to believe in me and my dream, I have to think I can do it," he added.
"I will work for it, and I will work hard to retain the attention of the staff of the Selecao."

Meanwhile, Marquinhos recognised the contribution of PSG boss Blanc and said the Frenchman encourages the whole team to get forward.

He added: "Laurent Blanc is a coach who motivates us to score goals, even we, the defenders."

The Brazilian scored on his debut for PSG in a 4-1 win over Olympiakos, and followed it up with his first league goal in a 2-0 win over Toulouse in September.

PSG face Bastia this weekend as Ligue 1 returns following the international break. Les Parisiens currently sit behind leaders Monaco on goal difference. ----------------- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment