Pages

bet365

Thursday 17 October 2013

'I don't fear competition at Bayern' - Rafinha

'I don't fear competition at Bayern' - Rafinha

'I don't fear competition at Bayern' - Rafinha

The 28-year-old insists that he is not worried at the prospect of regular right-back Philipp Lahm usurping him in the starting XI, and was indifferent to his international chances

Bayern Munich defender Rafinha has said that he is unperturbed by the high level of competition within the squad at the German giants.

With Philipp Lahm deployed in a midfield role for much of the campaign thus far, the Brazilian has enjoyed a prolonged spell as the Bavarians' right-back under new coach Pep Guardiola.

However, as a number of Bayern's first team squad near full fitness once more, it has been touted that Rafinha could re-assume his seat on the bench, but the 28-year-old is ready to face that challenge should it come.

"Not everyone can play with us," he told Bild. "There is no shame to sit on the bench at Bayern. I am not afraid.

"I promise I am always ready to give 100 percent - whether I play from the beginning or just five minutes."

Rafinha, who has earned one cap for Brazil, went on to state that he remains optimistic about being recalled to the Selecao in time for the World Cup on home soil next summer - despite coach Luis Felipe Scolari not having his phone number.

Asked whether the veteran trainer had the means to contact him, the defender added: "I don't think so.

"He could ask Dante, or Luiz Gustavo, or the people at the association. I was called up once and I have not changed my number since then.

"I would be pleased if he selected me. If not, I would not despair."

The former Schalke full-back has been absent from the international scene since Brazil's 1-0 victory over Sweden in 2008. -------------------- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment