Pages

bet365

Thursday 24 October 2013

Blatter refuses to rule out running for Fifa president again

The 77-year-old has hinted he could once again try for election as the boss of football's top governing body once his current term finishes in 2015
Sepp Blatter has refused to rule out the possibility that he could extend his time as Fifa president beyond 2015 by standing for re-election.

The 77-year-old, who has held his position since 1998, had previously stated that his current term in office would be his last after being re-elected in 2011.

However, the Swiss has hinted that a change of heart could be in the offing after claiming he has a "mission" to complete before ending his 17-year stint.
"I'm now 38 years in Fifa and I have this mission and I want to fulfil my mission," he told BBC. "I feel young enough to be in this office and to make this office a success.
"It keeps you young also if you've got a mission - and I've got a mission."
Asked whether or not he could stand for another term, he said: "My intention is to finish this mandate. We are just starting the second half of the mandate. So ask me this question next year."
Blatter, who also earned re-election in 2002 and 2007 respectively, went on to champion the proposal of extending the terms to eight years, with a potential four-year extension.
He added: "This is a good approach and I would support it."
Blatter is the eighth president of Fifa, having succeeded Joao Havelange in 1998. ---------- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment