Pages

bet365

Friday 18 October 2013

Anichebe looks to Benteke and Lukaku for inspiration

Anichebe wants to emulate successful strikers

Anichebe looks to Benteke and Lukaku for inspiration

The Nigerian forward is hoping that studying other successful strikers will help improve his goals haul in the EPL

Victor Anichebe is hoping to improve his game in the 2013/14 season by scoring goals for his new club, West Bromwich Albion and this he believes he will achieve by studying other top strikers.
He mentioned that he looks at the games of the Belgian duo - Christian Benteke and Romelu Lukaku, who joined his former club, Everton on loan from Chelsea.
“I do look at the top players – the players I aspire to reach the level of,” Anichebe told the Birmingham Mail.
“There’s Benteke for example, I know he’s younger than me but I think he’s a really quality player.
“Lukaku’s gone to Everton and I think he’s a really good player, and I look at people similar to me.
But while Benteke and Lukaku have both scored four Premier League goals, Anichebe is yet to get his name on the score sheet for Albion.
“I look at the positions other players take up and I try to learn from it, so that’s something I’m going to try to adopt more into my game,” he added.
Anichebe scored 24 goals for Everton in 118 appearances spread over nine seasons and moved to the Hawthorns on dead-line transfer day. ----------------- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment