Pages

bet365

Friday 4 October 2013

Ribery: I work harder than Messi & Ronaldo

Ribery: I work harder than Messi & Ronaldo

Ribery: I work harder than Messi & Ronaldo

The France international thinks he contributes more from a defensive perspective to his team than the Liga stars do for their respective sides

Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery believes he works harder on the pitch than his main rivals for the Fifa Ballon d'Or, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

The France international played a key role in Bayern's historic treble win in 2012-13 and has been an impressive form in the opening months of the new season, making him one of the favourites to dethrone the Barcelona star.

"Compared to them, I work much harder. I do a lot more defending than Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo and provide more assists," Ribery told Kicker.

"It would be fantastic to actually win the Fifa Ballon d'Or when you have a shot at winning it.

"I have even more confidence in myself than before and that shows on the pitch. I am on top of my game and score a lot of goals. I am really enjoying myself on the pitch."

Messi has won the Ballon d'Or three times in a row since the award merged with the Fifa World Player of the Year accolade in 2010. --------------------- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment