Pages

bet365

Monday 28 October 2013

Mourinho: Man City taunting not true

Mourinho: Man City taunting not true

Mourinho: Man City taunting not true

The Chelsea boss says he was celebrating his side's win with his son and does not blame the Blues coach Manuel Pellegrini for not waiting to shake his hand
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho moved to defuse any ill-feeling between himself and Manchester City's Manuel Pellegrini after their dramatic win on Sunday.

Chelsea striker Fernando Torres profited from a huge error by City goalkeeper Joe Hart to seal a last-gasp 2-1 victory and delight the Stamford Bridge crowd.







Mourinho celebrated the goal in the section of Chelsea supporters behind the visiting dugout and City manager Pellegrini neglected to wait for a full-time handshake.

Asked about Mourinho's actions in the post-match press conference, Pellegrini replied: "I don't expect a different way to celebrate from him. It's normal.

"No, I didn't shake [his] hand. I didn't want [to]."

But Mourinho has explained that he went to celebrate the goal with his son, pinning the blame on Chelsea for allocating his season ticket behind the away bench.

"I think Chelsea are guilty because I want to buy a season ticket for my son and they give season tickets for my son behind the opponent's dugout," Mourinho told reporters.

"They have to change and give my kid tickets behind my dugout. I went for him, I went for him, I promise that I went for him and next match you will see him there again.

"This is the drama of the last minute. I beat Manchester City in the last minute with Real Madrid [3-2 in last season's Champions League], I slid on my knees and I destroyed my trousers.

"If they [City] believe that my son is there, great. If they don't believe, I apologise if they feel I did something wrong."

Mourinho also had no problem with Pellegrini's decision to go down the tunnel following the whistle, claiming he rarely engaged in post-match pleasantries during his time at Real Madrid.

"He lost the game in the last minute and I have sympathy with that," he said.

"In other cultures and other countries we shake hands before the game and that's enough. At the end of the game we don't. In Madrid, normally I never did it so I don’t feel it is a lack of respect.

"If he was sad because of the result I understand, if he was sad thinking I did something wrong, I accept that too, so no problem." ------------------ goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment