Pages

bet365

Wednesday 23 October 2013

Mascherano: I'm to blame for Milan draw


Mascherano: I'm to blame for Milan draw

The former Liverpool man feels he should have done better for the Robinho's opener for the Rossoneri and thinks his defending eventually cost the Catalans a win

Javier Mascherano says that he is the one to blame for Barcelona's 1-1 Champions League draw against AC Milan at San Siro on Tuesday evening.

The Argentina international was at fault for the Rossoneri's opener, as his attempted clearance hit Robinho, who then found the net after a quick one-two with Kaka, and the former Liverpool man thinks things would have gone differently for Barca had he been more careful at the back.

"I think it’s my fault. Another error. I’ve already committed a few more errors and it hurts," Mascherano was quoted as saying on his club's official website.

"I wanted to clear the ball but it bounced too high. In a match like this one you can’t commit these kind of errors.

"I never give excuses and unfortunately the team had to suffer. The result is what it is and it hurts. If we had won, the team wouldn’t have suffered."

Barcelona sit atop of Group H at the moment with seven points from three games, holding a two-point lead over second-placed Milan. ----------------- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment