Pages

bet365

Tuesday 8 October 2013

Manchester United's England target Adnan Januzaj in no hurry to commit his international future to anyone

Manchester United's England target Adnan Januzaj in no hurry to commit his international future to anyone

Club football comes first for starlet who has rejected Belgium and could play for the Three Lions, Turkey and others
Light fantastic: Adnan Januzaj celebrates scoring at Sunderland
Light fantastic: Adnan Januzaj celebrates scoring at Sunderland
John Peters
Adnan Januzaj has insisted he will not be rushed into a decision over his international future.
Januzaj became Manchester United’s new young hero with two stunning strikes in their 2-1 comeback win at Sunderland on Saturday.
The 18-year-old has rejected a call-up from his native Belgium and could qualify to play for England on residency grounds, as well as Albania, Turkey, Serbia and others.
But United’s wing sensation, who will be offered a new four-year deal by the champions, says he will take his time over deciding which country to represent.
“At the moment, international football isn’t something that I’ve thought a lot about,” said Januzaj.
“I know that, first, I have to concentrate on what I do for United, because that is the most important part of my career right now.
“I want to play well for United and give everything for my club.”
As well as being chased by a host of countries for whom he is eligible, Januzaj is also being monitored by clubs including Manchester City and Juventus.
The teenager has yet to agree a new deal and it is understood his father is holding out for the best possible financial deal for his son.
But the player himself is relishing his chance to impress in United’s first-team and is keen to build on his match-winning display at the Stadium of Light.
“I’m really enjoying myself,” said Januzaj. “I played quite a few games in the reserves last season and thought I did well.
“From there, I had the chance to go on the summer tour and it was a good opportunity for me to show what I can do for the team. It was a great experience and ever since I’ve been working hard.
“When a big, big manager like Sir Alex Ferguson gives you a shirt number your thought is that you can really do something for this club.”
“When you realise everyone is behind you at Old Trafford, it gives you the belief to play with the qualities I have.
“It really helped having that support behind me because you get a feeling that everyone wants you to do well.”
“I want to play in as many games as I can and become the best payer I can possibly be. I know that I need to keep working hard every day to achieve that. I have to be ready, ready to take my chance.
“I’m confident in my ability and believe I can help the team.”

 Januzaj hailed veteran United midfielder Ryan Giggs and experienced left-back Patrice Evra as two of his mentors within the squad.
“Everyone gives me advice, that’s the great thing here,” said Januzaj, speaking to United Review. “I speak a lot with Patrice and Giggsy.
“They have great experience, they’re big players at the club and have gone through everything I’m going through. Their advice is important.
“If I play on the left, Patrice is just behind me, so he helps me, and I’m playing in a similar position to Giggsy. I ask him questions all the time as he’s been a top, top player for so long. He’s a good teacher.
“My favourite position is No.10, but I’ve played on the left and right.”
Click here to watch Januzaj score a corker for United's U21s .

Who could he play for?

England Would qualify on residency grounds, but only after five years, so he'd have to wait until 2018 to play.
Belgium Country of his birth, Januzaj would have great chance of success, given the current strength of the Belgium squad, which boasts Premier League stars Vincent Kompany, Eden Hazard, Marouane Fellaini, Christian Benteke and Romelu Lukaku, but he has already rejected U-18s and U-19s calls.
Albania Januzaj's father was born in Albania, so the 18-year-old would qualify to represent them. No chance of international glory with them, though. Fact their most famous fan was Norman Wisdom, a cult hero in Albania, says it all.
Turkey and Serbia Has grandparents from both nations, but is not inclined to represent either - although playing for the latter would see him follow in the footsteps of his Old Trafford captain, Nemanja Vidic.
Kosovo His mother is from Kosovo. However, as they are not a FIFA-recognised nation at present, the chances of Januzaj choosing them are decidedly slim.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-uniteds-england-target-adnan-2347391#ixzz2h70imoSj

No comments:

Post a Comment