Pages

bet365

Thursday 10 October 2013

Low: Lahm the best full-back in the world

Low: Lahm the best full-back in the world

Low: Lahm the best full-back in the world

The 29-year-old has received plenty of praise for his midfield displays at club level, but his international coach still sees him as the best defender in the business
Philipp Lahm is the best full-back in world football at the moment, according to Germany head coach Joachim Low.

The Bayern Munich and Germany captain has earned huge praise for his performances in a central midfield role at die Roten in recent weeks, in the absence of Javi Martinez.

Low said he doesn't want to be drawn on talk of Lahm's midfield role, preferring instead to praise his full-back expertise.

"He is the best full-back in the world. I don't want to open a new discussion," Low told reporters.

"Maybe he is the only player in Germany who can play everywhere. You put him in one position and he does it well."

Low also discussed the potential call-up of Bayer Leverkusen striker Stefan Kiessling, saying there is no reason why he won't have a change of heart and recall him to the Germany squad.

"If necessary I do have Stefan's number, and I don't have a problem changing my opinion," he added.

"I know I can come back to him, that's why I didn't close the door". --------------------- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment