Pages

bet365

Monday 14 October 2013

'I'd like to play in the Premier League one day' - Lewandowski

'I'd like to play in the Premier League one day' - Lewandowski

'I'd like to play in the Premier League one day' - Lewandowski

The Borussia Dortmund star retains an ambition to play in England at some stage of his career, while again stating that his future has not yet been decided

Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski has declared his intention to one day play in the Premier League, while at the same time reiterating that his expected move to Bayern Munich next summer is not a forgone conclusion.

The 25-year-old attacker, whose BVB contract expires at the end of the season, stated in September that he would officially sign a deal with Pep Guardiola's side in January before backtracking on that claim a day later.

Lewandowski was also a target for former Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson in the summer and acknowledged that he spoke to the retired Scot before Bayern apparently won the race for his signature - although the Poland international says a proposed switch to Old Trafford was never raised during their conversation.

"I will be able to sign a contract [with any club] in January but I have never said that I will sign a contract with Bayern," Lewandowski told The Daily Telegraph.

"It was a misunderstanding. It is true I had an opportunity to speak with Sir Alex Ferguson [last year] but we didn't mention the transfer.

"One day I would like to play in Premier League. It would be a great experience."

The forward had a chance to move to England before he joined Dortmund in 2010, explaining: "There was a proposal from Blackburn.

"I even spoke with the former manager [Sam Allardyce]. In the end, I decided that Dortmund gave me a better chance of development as a footballer." --------------------- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment