Pages

bet365

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Khedira: I'm only thinking about my recovery


Khedira: I'm only thinking about my recovery

Khedira: I'm only thinking about my recovery

The Germany star suffered an anterior ligament tear back in November and has stressed that he is not willing to target a comeback date
Real Madrid midfielder Sami Khedira has insisted that he is not thinking about a potential return date from his knee injury.

The Germany international suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament when representing his country back in November and is expected to be fit in time for this summer's World Cup in Brazil.

However, the 26-year-old says that he is only concentrating on getting back into top shape, rather than pin-pointing a specific match in which he could make his comeback.

"I tend not to look too far ahead or think about the future; my daily routine consists of an intensive workout – that's all that concerns me right now – not speculating when I might return," he told the German Football Federation's official website.

Khedira will miss Germany's friendly with Chile in his home city of Stuttgart on Wednesday and has revealed his disappointment at sitting out the Mercedes Benz Arena clash.

"Even before the injury, I knew that there would be an international game in Stuttgart and I was really looking forward to it," said the midfielder.

"Beyond that, I could not be there three years ago when we played against Brazil in Stuttgart. The fact that I won't be there again is sad.

"I would have really liked to play against in my old back yard." --------------- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment