Pages

bet365

Friday 7 March 2014

'I've learned from my mistakes' - Liverpool's Suarez not dwelling on the past


'I've learned from my mistakes' - Liverpool's Suarez not dwelling on the past

'I've learned from my mistakes' - Liverpool's Suarez not dwelling on the past

The 27-year-old says his past controversies, which include biting Branislav Ivanovic, have helped him to improve, though he is only focused on helping the Reds at present
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez says he has matured and is eager to put past misdemeanours behind him and enjoy the Anfield outfit's promising season.

The Uruguay international has been handed two bans since arriving in the Premier League in 2011 - one for racially abusing Manchester United's Patrice Evra and another for biting Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic.

However, Suarez has been in sparkling form for Brendan Rodgers' side this season, scoring 24 league goals to put Liverpool in the hunt for the title, and has had a largely controversy-free campaign.






And the former Ajax man, who was linked with a move away from Anfield in the summer, believes he has grown up a lot in recent years and is keen to focus on his current targets, rather than dwell on mistakes of the past.

"I want to enjoy the here and now," the 27-year-old told FourFourTwo. "Every player should live in the present, to enjoy what they're doing. Thinking about things I did as a kid or at Ajax aren't going to improve me on the pitch.

"I want to stay in that position and look to the future. What happened in the past happened - you have to move on.

"As the years have gone by, I've matured too. You become more intelligent, you think more and you learn from the errors you commit.

"I've always known when I've played well and when I've played badly. Now it's the same when I know I've made a mistake, and when I haven't.

"It's from these situations that I realise how far I've come from leaving Uruguay as a 19-year-old. I've learned a lot."

Suarez's prolific partnership with Daniel Sturridge - they have scored 42 Premier League goals between them - has helped Liverpool to second in the table, four points behind leaders Chelsea, who visit Anfield on April 27. --------------- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment