Remy to face no action over rape claim
The 27-year-old, who is on loan at north-east Premier League side Newcastle from second-tier club Queens Park Rangers, was held in May last year with two other men after a women claimed she had been attacked in Fulham, west London.
Police said that on Thursday all three men were told they will face no further action over the allegations.
Remy`s lawyers, at the time of his arrest, said their client denied the claims against him.
Although police did not name Remy they issued a statement saying: "Officers from (sex crime unit) Sapphire investigated an allegation of rape on May 6 in the Fulham area.
"The allegation was passed on to the Metropolitan Police Service by Kent Police on May 8 after the 34-year-old female victim reported it to them the previous day.
"The victim alleged she was raped by three men.
"On the morning of Wednesday, May 15, three men aged 26, 23 and 22, were arrested at an address in Fulham on suspicion of rape. They were taken into custody at a west London police station and all three men were bailed pending further inquiries.
"On February 13, and following consultation with the Crown Prosecution Service, the three men were informed that no further action would be taken against them."
AFP ----------------------------- ZEENEWS.com