Pages

bet365

Monday 24 February 2014

Fit-again Schweinsteiger targets Bundesliga and Champions League double



Fit-again Schweinsteiger targets Bundesliga and Champions League double
The Germany international, who spent three months out of action with an ankle injury, managed to come through 70 minutes unscathed in Sunday's 4-0 rout of Hannover

Bastian Schweinsteiger is determined to help Bayern Munich retain both their Bundesliga and Champions League titles after making an impressive return to the first team on Sunday.

The midfielder spent three months on the sidelines with an ankle injury but managed 70 minutes in Sunday's 4-0 demolition of Hannover, as Pep Guardiola's men moved 19 points clear in the German top flight.

"It's great to be back," Scweinsteiger told reporters after the game. "I feel good and it's great to come through it unscathed.

"The Bayern training sessions are high quality, but I've got to use these minutes. I'm not getting any younger, but with my ankle injury games like this are crucial.

"Pep gave me a lot of encouragement, but I've got to be fit in order to help the team.

"Our priority is the Bundesliga and becoming the first team to defend the Champions League.”

Elsewhere, Guardiola was full of praise for reserve goalkeeper Tom Starke, who kept a clean sheet while deputising for regular No.1 Manuel Neuer.

"Tom Starke deserved a start," the Bayern boss explained. "It's just difficult for him being behind the best in the world [Neuer].

"But I was delighted to give him a chance and I was pleased with his performance.

"My players executed the game plan and we managed to take the chance to extend our lead at the top." ---------------- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment