Pages

bet365

Wednesday 26 February 2014

Van Persie: My Manchester United team-mates make it difficult for me

Van Persie: My Manchester United team-mates make it difficult for me

Van Persie: My Manchester United team-mates make it difficult for me

The Dutch striker admits he has been forced to adapt his own style to suit his team-mates but refuses to blame David Moyes after the club's 2-0 defeat to Olympiakos
Robin van Persie believes his Manchester United team-mates are making it "more difficult" for him to find space and admits he has been forced to adjust at the expense of his own game.






United are in danger of being dumped out of the Champions League following their 2-0 defeat to Olympiakos on Tuesday evening.

And Van Persie, who squandered a gilt-edged chance to pull a goal back for David Moyes’ side late in the second half, admits he is struggling in his role under the Scot.

"Sometimes I try to find ways to do more but in the areas I wanted to play, my team-mates were often there. This makes it difficult for me,” Van Persie told NOS.

"Then I have to change my tactics to suit my team-mates, and play outside my zone. It's a pity.

"We played too slow and could therefore create little.

"I rushed that shot. That's a shame because I don't get a lot of chances so when you get one, you have to score."

But despite his admission, Van Persie refuses to blame Moyes for United's poor performances this season.

"He's working hard at it, and so are we. Sometimes we play well, but not all the time. We don't have luck on our side.

"It's easy to point the finger at someone, but I'm not like that. We have to do better." ----------- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment