Pages

bet365

Tuesday 25 February 2014

Alexis: Pedro is not my rival at Barcelona



Alexis: Pedro is not my rival at Barcelona
The 25-year-old has insisted that the battle for selection with the Spain forward is nothing more than healthy competition which benefits the team
Alexis Sanchez says he does not have a rivalry with fellow Barcelona winger Pedro, insisting that they both work together for the team's benefit.

The Chile international has scored an impressive 15 goals in 21 La Liga appearances for the Camp Nou outfit this season, with Barca sitting second in the table, three points behind leaders Real Madrid.
Alexis insists there is no ill-feeling between himself and Pedro, despite suggestions that both are competing against one another for the same spot in attack, with Lionel Messi and Neymar considered first-choice for two of the front three positions.
"There is no competition between me and him - we just try to improve with every game," the 25-year-old told the club's official website.
"We try to add to the team because, at the end of the day, if we win the championship we will all be champions.
"If he scores or I score, it is for the team, it is not about competition. But we do want to make the starting XI and do as good a job as possible.
"Every game I play I'm disappointed because sometimes I feel I can give more than I do on the field and it leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.
"Confidence makes the player. If a player is 100 per cent confident on the pitch, he can do what he knows how to do."
Barcelona will be looking to bounce back from a 3-1 defeat to Real Sociedad when they host Almeria on Sunday. ----------------- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment