Pages

bet365

Friday 7 February 2014

Omeruo happy with Middlesbrough debut


Omeruo happy with Middlesbrough debut

Omeruo happy with Middlesbrough debut

The Super Eagles defender has scored himself high after playing his first competitive game in the English league

Nigeria’s Kenneth Omeruo has appraised himself following his debut for Middlesbrough in the English Championship at the weekend.
Omeruo, who is on loan from Chelsea, was on for the entire duration when his side played Doncaster Rovers at the Keepmoat Stadium.
Though the game ended in a goalless draw, the former ADO Den Haag player felt he gave his best in the game that took them to the 12th position on the Championship log.
 “I wish we had won the game, it would have been better but it was a difficult game. I am disappointed with the result but happy with my performance,” Omeruo told the Boro Plus.
He also commented on manager Aitor Karanka's decision for him to play from the right-back position instead of his favorite centre back role.
“The trainer asked me if I could play at right-back and I said, ‘yes.’ It was the decision of the manager to play me where he wants. It’s about the team. I know I can play better,” he said.
“It’s been very easy. It’s not much different from what I have been used to at Chelsea.
“I just have to listen to the manager and how he wants me to play. There is unity in the team and I keep progressing striving to play each game better than I did the last,” he concluded.
Omeruo is expected to play his second game for Boro  when they welcome Blackburn Rovers on Saturday. ---------------------- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment