Pages

bet365

Friday 7 February 2014

Nadal withdraws from Buenos Aires event

Nadal withdraws from Buenos Aires event

Last Updated: Friday, February 07, 2014, 00:46
  
Nadal withdraws from Buenos Aires event
Paris: World number one Rafael Nadal has withdrawn from next week`s ATP tournament in Buenos Aires because of a lingering back injury, the Spaniard announced on Thursday.

Nadal posted a video on his official YouTube page, in which he said he had failed to fully recover from the back problem that plagued him during last month`s Australian Open final.

"I wanted to make an announcement that really fills me with sadness. I will not be able to play in the tournament in Buenos Aires," Nadal said.

"Since I came back from the Australian Open with my back injury I have not been able to train.

"It is impossible for me to prepare properly for a tournament as important as Buenos Aires, so very unfortunately I have to take this decision."

The 13-time Grand Slam champion was beaten 6-3, 6-2, 3-6, 6-3 by Switzerland`s Stanislas Wawrinka in the final in Melbourne.
AFP --------------------- ZEENEWS.com

No comments:

Post a Comment