Pages

bet365

Monday 3 February 2014

Beckham yet to finish his Lego Taj Mahal

Beckham yet to finish his Lego Taj Mahal

Last Updated: Sunday, February 02, 2014, 19:44
  
Beckham yet to finish his Lego Taj Mahal
London: England`s popular footballer David Beckham has confessed his love for a different kind of sport - building Lego blocks - and that he tried his hand at building the iconic Taj Mahal too using the small plastic bricks.

"What would I like to do if I wasn`t a footballer? I love drawing cartoons and building Lego with my sons... When I was in Milan, I had a lot of time on my hands and found online that there`s a Taj Mahal Lego set you can buy, so I bought it," he told The Sunday Times.

However, Beckham never finished building the 5,900-piece Lego marble mausoleum.



"I only built some of it because I got injured halfway through ? not while building the Lego. I know it`s not a career but I love doing it," he added.

The small plastic version of the marble mausoleum is now out of production, while second-hand kits can command almost 3,000 pounds from collectors.

The former England football captain feels creating the little structures with the plastic bricks helps with his nerves.

"The last big thing I made was Tower Bridge. It was amazing. I think Lego sometimes helps to calm me down," he said.

The 38-year-old who moved with his wife Victoria and four children into a 40-million pound house in Kensington in west London
last year, compares Lego-building with a passion for cooking, which he described as "therapeutic".

In 2006, the former Manchester United, Real Madrid, AC Milan and LA Galaxy player had revealed he battles with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD).

Beckham retired from football last year.
PTI ------------------- ZEENEWS.com

No comments:

Post a Comment