Pages

bet365

Thursday 14 November 2013

Robinho desperate to make most of surprise call up


Robinho desperate to make most of surprise call up

Robinho desperate to make most of surprise call up

The Milan forward hopes retain his place in the squad ahead of the World Cup and also revealed his son's excitement at seeing his dad line up alongside Neymar
Robinho is desperate to make the most of his ‘surprise’ call-up for Brazil’s Gillette International Soccer Series dates with Honduras and Chile.

The Milan forward was handed a reprise by coach Luiz Felipe Scolari this month, having not made an appearance for the Selecao since netting in a 3-2 defeat at the hands of Germany in August 2011.

And the 29-year-old is now focused on retaining his place in the squad ahead of next year’s World Cup.

“There are few games before the World Cup, which is my ultimate goal,” he said.

“I do not know if this will be my last World Cup, but I will strive to make sure I am in the squad. Brazil has always been my goal and always will be.”

The former Santos man was used by Scolari in Tuesday’s training session at the FIU stadium in Miami as a false no.9 and is hoping his versatility will give him the edge.

''He can play as the false No. 9, or on the [right] or [left],'' said Felipao upon announcing Robinho’s return to the squad.

“He has played in two World Cups. It's important at this time to give him the opportunity and see how he's going to fit in and show the spirit we want.”

Robinho also revealed his son’s excitement at the prospect of his dad playing alongside Neymar once again.

“It was very exciting to be called up," Robinho said. "First I spoke with my wife, then with my son who said ‘Dad, you will play with Neymar’.”

Robinho and Brazil meet Honduras in Miami on Saturday before facing Chile in Toronto on November 19. ---------------------- goal.com

I am happy for you Rob, but you should still justify your inclusion in the team...

No comments:

Post a Comment