Pages

bet365

Tuesday 26 November 2013

Cabaye: I want to play in the Champions League


Cabaye: I want to play in the Champions League

Cabaye: I want to play in the Champions League

The midfielder attracted interest from Arsenal last summer and has not ruled out a move to a top European club at the conclusion of the current campaig

Yohan Cabaye has promised he will stay with Newcastle until the end of the season but admits he could then leave for Champions League football.

The France international, who has scored twice in ten Premier League appearances this season, was the subject of a failed £10 million (€12m) bid from Arsenal in the summer transfer window.

Cabaye has not played in the Champions League since the 2006-07 campaign with Lille and yearns for another chance to play in Europe's elite club competition.

"I miss the Champions League,” Cabaye told RTL. “I'll finish this season with Newcastle and concentrate on the coming months and then we'll see.

"I love to play in front of the defence, to have the whole game in front of me. To recover the ball and then put my team-mates into good positions."

Cabaye also voiced his support for France team-mate Franck Ribery's claim to win the Fifa Ballon d'Or, in spite of Cristiano Ronaldo's blistering recent run of form.

"I want to support Ribery win,” he added. “He has done everything to have it, he deserves it. He carries Bayern Munich and Les Bleus.

"In comparison to the big countries, we're only missing a little confidence. Not much is expected of us in Brazil." -------------- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment