Pages

bet365

Thursday 28 November 2013

Ibrahimovic: I don't need the Ballon d'Or to know I'm the best

Ibrahimovic: I don't need the Ballon d'Or to know I'm the best

Ibrahimovic: I don't need the Ballon d'Or to know I'm the best

The Sweden international claims he is the world's greatest player after equalling the record for goals scored in the group stage of the Champions League

Zlatan Ibrahimovic claims that he does not need to win the Ballon d'Or to know that he is the best player in the world.

The Swede's neat finish just seven minutes into Tuesday's 2-1 victory over Olympiakos at the Parc des Princes was his eighth goal in this season's Champions League group stage and equalled the tournament record held by Ruud van Nistelrooy, Hernan Crespo, Filippo Inzaghi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

However, even though he is now in an excellent position to take outright possession of the record by netting in his side's final outing against Benfica, the 32-year-old insists that he is unconcerned with individual accolades - including the Ballon d'Or.

"It's not something I think about and it is something that is not important for me," Ibrahimovic told reporters.

"I do not need to win this trophy to know I am the best."

PSG guaranteed themselves top spot in Group C thanks to Edinson Cavani's late goal against the Greek champions and Ibrahimovic says he is now looking forward to the last 16.

"Our aim was to get out of the group stage and we have done that," the striker explained.

"We must now wait for the draw to see who we play but, until then, we will train hard and be ready for the next match." ---------------- goal.com


Of course you are the best after Ronaldo and Messi...

No comments:

Post a Comment