Pages

bet365

Thursday 14 November 2013

Alex Song not expecting January return to Arsenal



Alex Song not expecting January return to Arsenal

Alex Song not expecting January return to Arsenal



The former Gunner says he wants to see out his contract at Barcelona, but admits he still watches Arsene Wenger's side and hopes they can win the Premier League title this season
Barcelona midfielder Alex Song says that he is still an Arsenal fan but is happy at Camp Nou and hopes to see out his contract at the club.

The Cameroon international swapped north London for Spain in 2012 and has been linked with a return to the Emirates Stadium in recent weeks.

ARSENAL LATEST
3/1 Arsenal are 3/1 with Coral to win their Champions League group
However, the 26-year-old admits that while he has fond memories of his time as a Gunner he is not expecting a return to his former club any time soon.

"I was very happy to be at Arsenal, I spent seven years there," he told BBC Sport.

"But at the moment I’m not looking that way. I am very happy here. I have four years left on my contact.

"I don’t know what will happen in four years’ time when I finish here. But today I am very happy here."

Song also revealed he still regularly watches Arsenal and was hopeful they could claim the title after a strong start to the season.

"When I left Arsenal two years ago I know they had very good players and every season there was just one thing missing," he added.

"I think this year with the players that have come in, I think they have started very well. They are strong in the league and I’ve watched every game.

"I hope this season they will do very well, hopefully they don’t get any players injured because when key players are injured it becomes very difficult for them.

"But this season hopefully, they will win the league, for me I would love to see them win something." --------------------- goal.com

Personally, i won't advice him to go back cos he might spend another 10 years in Arsenal and not win even a spoon so be warned song...

1 comment: