Pages

bet365

Friday 26 July 2013

Olivier Giroud welcomes Luis Suarez move and calls on Arsenal to show their ambition

Olivier Giroud welcomes Luis Suarez move and calls on Arsenal to show their ambition

"The club has to show the fans that we want it. Me and my team mates, we need it as well," says French striker
In need: Giroud admits Arsenal require a striker
In need: Giroud admits Arsenal require a striker
Getty
Olivier Giroud is not afraid of Arsenal signing Luis Suarez - and wants more big names to follow, writes John Cross in Saitama.
Giroud's place is certain to be under threat as Arsenal close in on a spectacular deal for the Liverpool striker after making a £40,000,001 bid.
But Giroud is far from being concerned about his own future as he insisted it is time Arsenal showed their ambition and proved to the fans they mean business and says they need more than just Suarez.
Gunners striker Giroud, who joined from Montpellier for £13m last summer, said: "I think we need maybe two or three more players. Yes, that's what we need. To show ambition.
"The club has to show the fans that we want it. Me and my team mates, we need it as well. It's all about the team. It will be a really positive thing if we have a new striker.
"I am not worried but I will wait until September so we know the team, the players. I never used to read the newspapers and I don't want to change my way of life but I have heard a lot of things and I know we need a striker.
"The most important thing is the team. We are waiting for one but we don't know. I think it will be good for the team and for me as well to have another striker, to have more competition between us.
"But I think I could play with him or without him. So I will be able to be in the first XI this season. I really want to be in the first XI this season but we will see."
Giroud had a mixed first season at the Emirates as his finishing was sometimes wayward despite scoring 17 goals and his misses in big games must be one of the reasons why Arsenal are buying big.
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has been promised more than £70m to spend and is in the market for a keeper, defender and midfielder as well as Suarez.
While the Arsenal squad hope and expect Suarez to come in, Giroud also believes he will be better next season after finding his feet in the Premier League.
Giroud is hoping to nail down a starting place despite Suarez's arrival in preparation for next year's World Cup finals in Brazil. He also appears to be making a point after scoring six goals in three games in the club's pre-season tour of Asia.
Olivier Giroud of Arsenal scores a goal
Eastern promise: Olivier Giroud has been in fine form during Arsenal's tour of the Far East
Getty
France striker Giroud, set to play against Urawa Red Diamonds today before the team fly home, added: "I really want to have a good pre-season in preparation for a big season. I think it's important to look forward to the World Cup because I want to play in the tournament with France.
"I know I have to be really efficient with my club Arsenal and I want to be the first striker of this team so I need to score early.
"Maybe the level is higher in the Premier League than it is in France. You have to be more concentrated and focus on what you do.
"It's all about concentration all over the pitch. You have to keep working and it's all about confidence as well. After I succeeded to score, it gave me confidence and after that I felt really, really good in the team.
"I have a friendship with the other players and we know each other very well. That's why we could play well together and there's a good understanding now.
"For example, with my goal in Nagoya, Tomas Rosicky found me with the pass for my goal because he knows me much better now.
"Because I'm settled I will be much better this season. I feel good. I have had a period of adaptation in the Premier League. A lot of strikers needed time to settle in the team and in the Premier League.
"I need to have a good integration when I arrived and that's what happened at Arsenal. I feel good and I really want to play the maximum number of games to help the team to win as many games as possible.
"The team now is stronger than it was this time last year. We know each other much better with Santi Cazorla, Poldi (Lukas Podolski) and last season's new players are more established and we have lost nobody in pre-season which is the first time for Arsenal for maybe three or four years.
"It's a good thing for us and we know each other much better, It's going to be easier for us to win games but we need a better start than last year."

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfer-news-olivier-giroud-2089070#ixzz2a8PRcMUh

No comments:

Post a Comment