Pages

bet365

Friday 6 December 2013

Tottenham hero Holtby 'over the moon' with Fulham winner


Tottenham hero Holtby 'over the moon' with Fulham winner

Tottenham hero Holtby 'over the moon' with Fulham winner

The Germany international was delighted to finally score his first Premier League goal and end a four-match winless run for Andre Villas-Boas' men at Craven Cottage

Lewis Holtby says his long-range winner for Tottenham against Fulham on Wednesday is a dream come true.

Holtby fired past Maarten Stekelenburg eight minutes from time to seal a comeback victory for Spurs after Vlad Chiriches' low strike cancelled out Ashkan Dejagah's opener.






And the Germany international was delighted to finally score his first Premier League goal.

“I’m over the moon like every footballer says, but scoring a goal in a London derby in the Premier League and the fact that it was the winning goal – my pulse was racing!” Holtby told the club's official website.

“To see all the fans jumping up and down and singing my name – I still can’t believe it. I’m getting goosebumps right now. I’m delighted.

“Since I came to Tottenham I have been dreaming about that, but it was worth the wait because to win 2-1 at Fulham in a derby and to score a goal like that makes me so happy and proud.”

Holtby also paid tribute to Chiriches after the Romanian's effort pulled Andre Villas-Boas' men level.

“Hugo was amazing but Vlad – I was nearly running back [when he struck our leveller] because I thought the ball was going to the top of the stand, row 50 or whatever!” 23-year-old jokingly added.

“But he hit that really well and credit to him, he’s Mr Cool at the back.” ------------ goal.com

Tottenham still needs to justify the huge sums spent on transfers though...

No comments:

Post a Comment