Victor Valdes says he has recovered from calf strain
The 31-year-old sustained the injury during Spain`s humbling 1-0 defeat to South Africa in a friendly on November 19 in Johannesburg, the site of their 2010 World Cup victory.
"Training session today December 25. I am ready," he wrote in a message on his official Twitter account.
Valdes, who has revealed plans to leave the Spanish champions when his current contract expires in 2014, said last week he was targeting a return in Barcelona`s league match at home to Elche on January 5.
"I am feeling very good. These weeks have been unusual for me as I had never been injured before but we have now completed two goalkeeping sessions and one more intense one and everything has gone faster than expected," he told a news conference on December 20.
"The latest tests show everything has mended. I am excited about playing again and if everything goes well the plan is for me to make my comeback against Elche if the coach decides that is the right decision," he added.
AFP ------------------------------ ZEENEWS.com