Pages

bet365

Monday 23 December 2013

Jose Mourinho took a pay cut to rejoin Chelsea because he 'loves' the club


Jose Mourinho took a pay cut to rejoin Chelsea because he 'loves' the club

The Special One says his contract he signed at Stamford Bridge this summer is "the worst of my last six years"
Pucker up: Jose doing it for the love, not money at Stamford Bridge
Pucker up: Jose doing it for the love, not money at Stamford Bridge
Getty
Jose Mourinho has revealed he took a pay cut to return to Chelsea because he loves the club.
The Portuguese coach came back to Stamford Bridge in the summer after successful spells at Inter Milan and Real Madrid.
Mourinho is still the second highest paid manager in world football on £8.37million a year behind only Pep Guardiola at Bayern Munich.
But he banked over £12m every season in Spain and Italy. And before visiting Arsenal tonight, the Blues boss claimed he chose Chelsea before other more lucrative and easier jobs.
"If I was here for me, I wouldn't be here," he said. "Because teams, to be successful immediately, I had a lot of them in my hands. I had Real Madrid. I left them because I wanted to, not because they wanted me to.
"I had other clubs in other countries where it would be easier to go and find an 'easy' job immediately. If I was here for financial reasons, I wouldn't be here getting a lot less money than I had at Real Madrid, where I had three more years on my contract.
"I didn't come here because the job was easy, or because I had a team ready to attack the title, or because I was coming here for the best contract of my life. It's the worst of my last six years.
"I'm here because I love the club, I love the project. It's a different project. I also love the country in terms of football, but the main reason is I was explained what the club wanted of me, and I liked that."

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jose-mourinho-took-pay-cut-2954001#ixzz2oFotaszF

No comments:

Post a Comment