Pages

bet365

Tuesday 31 December 2013

I snubbed FC Porto for Lille, says Enyeama


I snubbed FC Porto for Lille, says Enyeama

I snubbed FC Porto for Lille, says Enyeama

The Super Eagles goalkeeper has revealed that he actually turned down some top European sides for Les Dogues
Lille goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama has disclosed that he snubbed former European champions, Porto and Spanish outfit Getafe to play in the French league.
“I had several offers from Porto and several Spanish clubs like Getafe, but I finally chose Lille because by then they were doing well on the league table and my brother, Aniekan, was also playing in France,” Enyeama told L’Equipe.
The former Enyimba captain also spoke about his trials at English side Bolton Wanderers.

“I was close to signing for Bolton, but I don’t know why I didn’t because I did well at the trials. Could it have been a problem between my agent and the club? I cannot tell but I moved on,” he said in an extensive special feature on him by the top French sports magazine.

Enyeama joined Lille as a free agent in 2011 from Israeli club Hapoel Tel-Aviv but was frozen out in his first season and had to go on loan to another Israeli club Maccabi Tel-Aviv for the 2012/13 season.
On return, he has been superb denying top-rated strikers from finding the back of the net. His contract at Lille ends in June 2018.   ---------------- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment