Pages

bet365

Friday 20 December 2013

Tevez: Ribery should win Ballon d'Or

Tevez: Ribery should win Ballon d'Or

Tevez: Ribery should win Ballon d'Or

The Juventus star has tipped the Bayern Munich winger to claim next month's prize while admitting it appears likely that he will miss out on Argentina's World Cup squad
Carlos Tevez believes the Ballon d'Or should go to Franck Ribery ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.

The 29-year-old Juventus forward says that the winger's pivotal contribution to Bayern's treble of the Bundesliga, German Cup and Champions League makes him the stand out candidate for this year's prize.

"Messi and Cristiano are compete for the award every year, but for what he's done last season with Bayern and the way he played, I'd give it to Franck Ribery. He deserves it more," Tevez told Argentine radio station La Red.

All three will appear at next year's World Cup in Brazil, a tournament Tevez admits he expects to miss.

"Even if I score 30 goals this season I don't think I'll stand a chance of being included in Argentina's World Cup squad. That's very clear to me.

"I don't have to explain anything to the fans. It's not me who has to explain why I'm not playing for Argentina."

"Sabella is entitled to his decisions. I have to be a grown up person and accept it.

Tevez has not appeared for his country since 2011 when Argentina failed to claim the Copa America on home soil and hopes that he will one day get the opportunity to enjoy some happier memories of international football.

"It would make me sad if my last image with the national team is that missed penalty-kick against Uruguay at the Copa America 2011 quarter-finals." ----------------- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment