Pages

bet365

Saturday 21 December 2013

Tevez has no World Cup hopes, avoids watching Argentina

Tevez has no World Cup hopes, avoids watching Argentina

Last Updated:
  
Tevez has no World Cup hopes, avoids watching Argentina
Buenos Aires: Carlos Tevez holds out no hope of being part of Argentina`s World Cup squad and prefers not to watch their matches on television, the Juventus striker said on Friday.

The 29-year-old, who has been in fine scoring form with 10 Serie A goals for juve so far this season, has been overlooked since Alejandro Sabella became Argentina coach in August 2011.

"If Sabella hasn`t called me up, I`m not going to phone him to find out why he doesn`t pick me," Tevez told Argentina`s La Red radio station.

"Sabella must not be asked to call me up... Let him work in peace because it`s not easy for Sabella not to call me. I know there`s a lot of pressure especially from fans."



The former Manchester City, Manchester United and West Ham United striker said he had a good relationship with the Argentina players and national team captain Lionel Messi.

"I have no problems with the group and I get on great with Messi. I don`t lose sleep over the World Cup. I don`t think I will watch it because it hurts me to see the national team, it`s bad for me," he said.

Some media pundits say Tevez, who last played for Argentina in the 2011 Copa America quarter-final defeat by Uruguay, may not fit into Sabella`s tactical plans while others argue that he might disrupt the squad`s harmony.


Tevez was part of the Argentina teams that reached the quarter-finals of the last two World Cups in Germany in 2006 and South Africa in 2010.

Argentina, winners in 1978 and 1986, are in Group F with Bosnia, Iran and Nigeria at next year`s finals in Brazil which kick off on June 12.
  ---------------- ZEENEWS.com

No comments:

Post a Comment