Pages

bet365

Friday 20 December 2013

Gourcuff: Lyon have lost faith in me


Gourcuff: Lyon have lost faith in me

Gourcuff: Lyon have lost faith in me

Once regarded as one of France's brightest prospects, the midfielder believes his slump in form is down to the club's lack of support

Yoann Gourcuff has claimed Lyon no longer have confidence in his ability, reiterating a belief that a move away from Stade de Gerland would be best for both parties.

Once regarded as one of France's brightest prospects, the midfielder stands firm in his opinion that the lack of support from his club has been the primary reason behind his steady decline, not injury problems.

"That fact that I've been injured regularly or often on the bench is irrelevant. I have not felt huge confidence from the club at times," Gourcuff told L'Equipe.

Having signed from Ligue 1 rivals Bordeaux in 2010 for a fee of  €22 million, the midfielder had expected to command a key role at the club. However the 27-year-old currently finds himself restricted to brief cameo appearances.

The lack of playing time has resulted in a total breakdown between club and player. Gourcuff, who has recently been linked with a move to Arsenal,  is adamant that he can no longer remain at Lyon and revealed that he will leave any legal proceedings to his advisors.

He explained: "Sometimes I find myself on the bench, like recently against Toulouse and Bastia. These are small signs. It does not hurt me but I do take note.

"I will let my lawyer handle it."

Gourcuff also blames problems at club level for destroying any hopes of representing France at next summer's World Cup.

He added: "I do not think of it at all, the priority is to play. For me, it [the World Cup] is very far away." ------------- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment