Pages

bet365

Tuesday 5 November 2013

Luis Suarez on Liverpool: I feel part of things. This is my home, I'm comfortable and happy here

Luis Suarez on Liverpool: I feel part of things. This is my home, I'm comfortable and happy here

Reds star has heard nothing about a January move to Real Madrid and insists loss to Arsenal didn't dent Kop confidence
We're laughing: The Liverpool squad's belief remains strong according to Suarez
We're laughing: The Liverpool squad's belief remains strong according to Suarez
John Powell
Luis Suarez insists Liverpool are still aiming for the top despite being shot down by the Gunners at the weekend.
The controversial striker has dismissed reports linking him with a switch to Real Madrid in the January transfer window, by instead insisting he feels “comfortable and happy” at Anfield.
And he puts that down to an incredible team spirit he says won’t be diminished by the disappointing defeat at Arsenal, which saw the Reds blow a chance to go top of the Premier League.
“I know nothing of any interest from Real Madrid, and I am happy with Liverpool,” Suarez explained in an interview with Sport 890, a radio station in his native Uruguay.
“In the team we are all really excited, and looking forward to a good season. We have been at the top so far, and we are still aiming at the top - we still have momentum and we can believe that the top spot is marked for us.
“We believe in the team and we believe we can have a really good season - an exciting season.
“The Premier League is the best league there is. The stadiums, the atmosphere and the fans make football here so entertaining.”
Liverpool were outplayed for long periods at the Emirates, but still showed the spirit to fight back and created enough chances at the end to have snatched something.
And Suarez has explained it is the same spirit which makes him believe in the team - and appreciate so much the backing of his team-mates and the fans, after a turbulent summer that saw him try to force a move to Arsenal.
"When I was separated (from the squad), the players told me they didn’t like that and wanted me to be with the group," he added. "Today I feel very supported by my team-mates, and I appreciate their support.
"The support of the fans was also very important. I always could walk on the street with no trouble. I was never threatened or anything like that - the people told me to stay.
“I feel part of things at Liverpool. It is my home. I am comfortable and happy here - I work hard for Liverpool and I will always be thankful to the club, and to my team-mates.”
Terrace hero: Suarez says the Liverpool public still loves him
Andrew Powell
 The striker has been short-listed for World Footballer of the Year, but admitted even he wouldn’t vote for himself:
“I feel very proud to be on FIFA’s shortlist for the Ballon d’Or, but if I had to choose, I’d go for Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Ribery.”
With Suarez keen to play down the links with Real, his strike partner Daniel Sturridge admits he is increasingly confident the Uruguayan will stay at Anfield.
And he insisted the pair have no rivalry, even though they are matching each other goal for goal this season.
"We get on well, there's no rivalry there or any hidden agendas, we just go out there and work hard - we give defenders problems and we both play differently," the England star told talkSPORT.
"It'll be great for him to stay. The club, the players and the fans all want him to stay and I'm sure he will.
"But it's up to Luis to decide what he wants to do, if he believes it's best for him to move on then that's the way it's got to be."
* LIVERPOOL are being tipped to allow their on loan keeper Jose Reina to leave for a cut-price £5million at the end of the season, with Barcelona favourites ahead of Napoli - where he is on a season-long loan - to secure his signature.
Meanwhile, talks are proceeding with Swedish club Djurgardens over bringing teenage Ghanaian defender Daniel Amartey to Anfield on trial, with a view to a permanent deal that could top £1.5m.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/luis-suarez-liverpool-feel-part-2676750#ixzz2jkUPxjOY

No comments:

Post a Comment