Pages

bet365

Friday 22 November 2013

Casillas: I will not give up without a fight


Casillas: I will not give up without a fight

Casillas: I will not give up without a fight

The Real Madrid star is not satisfied with being a back-up goalkeeper but will give everything to win back his place in the team

Iker Casillas says he will not rest until he has reclaimed his place as Real Madrid No.1 from Diego Lopez.

The Spain goalkeeper has been second-choice for domestic matches this season, and only featured in the Champions League.

Casillas admits he cannot go on being a back-up forever but is determined to fight as hard as he can before contemplating leaving the Santiago Bernabeu.

“As of today I am happy and I want to carry on, but I strive to be a starter at Real Madrid - not a back-up,” he told reporters.

“If I do not play I will eventually tell you that I am not happy but I am fighting for my place in the side. I will not give up.

“I have to fight to be in every game. I need to train and fight for the job. After that it is the coach’s decision.

“What I want to do is be here for the club, win as much as possible and be a part of the coach’s plans.”

The upcoming World Cup in Brazil is prompting speculation over the futures of a number of international players who are not regulars at their clubs, but Casillas insists that is not something which is driving his thoughts.

The 32-year-old continued: “I do not think about the World Cup. Qualification and our time with the national side is over for now, so we need to focus on the club. 

“If I do things right, Del Bosque will see that and I will be in his consideration.  I am only thinking about doing everything right and doing everything possible to play.”

The Spain international was first dropped by Jose Mourinho during his time as Madrid boss, but despite reported tensions between the pair, the goalkeeper refused to criticise the Chelsea manager.

“For me it was a pleasure to work with him,” he said of the Portuguese.

“It was a good stage and we had good results over the three years. We won a Copa del Rey and the League – I choose to remember the good things, we do not need to keep going over the other stuff.

“We always spoke face to face and he did not keep anything hidden. I have never said anything in public against Mourinho.” --------------- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment