Pages

bet365

Tuesday 19 November 2013

Blatter was disrespectful to Ronaldo, says Pedro


Blatter was disrespectful to Ronaldo, says Pedro

Blatter was disrespectful to Ronaldo, says Pedro

The Spain international has backed the Real Madrid star in his dispute with the Fifa chief, while denying he could quit Camp Nou after losing his place in recent weeks

Barcelona attacker Pedro feels Fifa president Sepp Blatter crossed a line when he appeared to mock Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo in late October.

The 77-year-old jokingly described Ronaldo as "a commander on the field of play" before suggesting the Portuguese "spends more time at the hairdresser" when stating his preference for Lionel Messi.

While Pedro acknowledges the Swiss is likely to have his personal favourite players within the game, he insists he went too far with his comments on this occasion.

"I didn't like what Blatter did, his behaviour was uncalled for," Pedro was quoted as saying by Marca.

"You have to be respectful.

"I understand that he has his preferences, which must also be respected, but what he did wasn't right."

The Spain international then went on to stress that he hopes Messi will win the 2013 Fifa Ballon d'Or ahead of fellow front-runners Ronaldo and Franck Ribery.

"It’s a tough one, but hopefully Messi will win because he’s my team-mate and because he’s the best in the world in my opinion."

Pedro has found first-team football more difficult to come by this season due to the impressive form of Alexis Sanchez and Neymar, but the 26-year-old insists he has every intention of staying at Camp Nou to fight for his place.

"I have to remain patient at Barca until I find my place in the side. I've never thought about leaving. Right now, my head is fully focused on Barcelona," he said.

"It's true that you sometimes worry because there's a World Cup on the horizon and you want to arrive in tip-top condition."


I think Ronaldo deserves to be respected (especially by the FIFA president) cos he has earned it. I also think blatter should work seriously on his public communication skills so he doesn't keep ruffling feathers...

No comments:

Post a Comment