Pages

bet365

Tuesday 10 December 2013

Song: Fabregas like a brother


Song: Fabregas like a brother

Song: Fabregas like a brother

The Cameroon midfielder says his team-mate has been a great support in ensuring he has adapted to a new culture in Spain

Barcelona's Alex Song says team-mate Cesc Fabregas has "been like a brother to him" after helping him to acclimatise to life at Camp Nou.
The Cameroon international signed for the Blaugrana for a reported €18 million in the summer of 2012 and has made 22 Liga starts since his arrival.
But the 26-year-old concedes he did not settle in Catalonia straight away, adding that former Arsenal team-mate Cesc Fabregas played a crucial role in helping him feel at home.
"In comparison to my first year, I feel much better," Song is quoted as saying by AS. "When you move to a new country and have to adapt to a new language, a new culture, it requires time.
"What I have discovered here is that we are like a big family and everyone has welcomed me with open arms.
"Cesc (Fabregas) is like a brother to me. He took me by the hand and guided me through those difficult early moments, and that made me feel better right away.
"Now I understand the language a little more, although I still struggle to express myself. Life's much better and I am very happy to be here."
Song was criticised by Barcelona boss Gerardo Martino after Friday's 4-1 Copa del Rey win over Cartagena, with the Argentine coach unhappy with the midfielder's lack of understanding of his midfield role. ----------------- goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment