Pages

bet365

Wednesday 18 December 2013

No World Cup fears for injured Bastian Schweinsteiger

No World Cup fears for injured Bastian Schweinsteiger

No World Cup fears for injured Bastian Schweinsteiger
Berlin: Bayern Munich`s Germany star Bastian Schweinsteiger has said he has no fear of missing the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, despite his on-going ankle problems.

"I have not had a moment`s concern about missing the World Cup," Schweinsteiger told SID, an AFP subsidiary.

"It`s annoying that I can`t play, but I have to take care of my body. It`s not the first time...(that I`ve been injured).

"Light jogging is now possible, but no ball work.

"It`ll take a while yet, but I am working harder in training than when I am fit."

The 29-year-old has been out since mid-November after a second operation on his right ankle, having also gone under the knife in August.

Midfielder Schweinsteiger has made 100 appearances for his country and should have a key role to play for Germany when they take on Portugal, Ghana and the USA in Group G in Brazil next year.

Schweinsteiger will sit out Bayern`s Club World Cup campaign, which starts on Tuesday when they face Asian champions Guangzhou Evergrande in the semi-final in Morocco, and is not expected to return until the European champions` winter training camp starts on January 5.

"I still feel like I am on holiday," joked Schweinsteiger, whose Bayern side are seven points clear at the top of the Bundesliga. AFP ----------------- ZEENEWS.com

No comments:

Post a Comment