Pages

bet365

Wednesday 18 December 2013

Liverpool's Luis Suarez: We can win the title if we keep playing like we are now


Liverpool's Luis Suarez: We can win the title if we keep playing like we are now

Festive-season clashes with Man City and Chelsea should tell Reds whether they can fight for more than just a Champions League place
Just the start? Suarez doesn't want this to be the only trophy he wins this season
Just the start? Suarez doesn't want this to be the only trophy he wins this season
PA
Luis Suarez is adamant Liverpool are now looking beyond a top four fight towards a full-blown tilt at the title itself.
After inspiring his side with a remarkable scoring spree that has eclipsed even Ronaldo and Messi, the striker is convinced the Reds have the quality to become champions.
And he believes if they can show that class in huge showdowns at Manchester City and Chelsea over the Christmas period, then everybody else will have to start taking the Anfield challenge seriously.
"I think it's still too early to say, but if we continue at this level over the next two or three weeks we can win the League or we can finish in the top four," Suarez insisted.
"It's important we concentrate and focus on the next game. We know that after Cardiff on Saturday we have two very, very big games. That will be important to what comes next."
The Uruguay international has played a massive part in catapulting Liverpool into the title race, with a staggering 17 goals in just 11 Premier League games this season.
That is a goals per game ratio better even than the recognised biggest two stars in world football right now, and Suarez show no signs of slowing down, in a run that has seen him score 33 goals in his last 30 appearances.
And after a summer spent fighting for a transfer, the forward admits it is the warmth of the LFC faithful in accepting him back without complaint that has inspired the form of his life.
"After so many difficult moments for me I was able to win the supporters back, and coming back to play at Anfield was unbelievable," he admitted.
"Everybody knows about my problems and my difficult year, but after that I forgot everything and have been able to get back on the pitch.
"The fans helped me, and that was important for me, for my confidence, and for my family, because they are together with me in this.
"When I was a child I had too many problems, but I could try my best on the pitch. Once I was playing football I could try my best, because I just love to play football, I play with my heart."
Suarez spent much of the summer trying to engineer a move to Arsenal, so it was ironic he was at the Emirates this week to pick up the Football Supporters' Federation Player of the Year award for his incredible form with Liverpool.
He seems totally happy at Anfield now, and was even given the honour of captaining the Reds at Spurs last weekend, in the absence of usual skipper Steven Gerrard through injury.

 And he believes that the new harmony he has found with his team-mates can inspire a title charge.
"Liverpool are starting to reach their potential and we can play our best on the pitch. It's very important that we stay together and we keep going," he said. "If Liverpool don't have these players, I cannot continue my level, because it's too much.
"I am happy with this team - that's why the award is very special for me because my hard work on the pitch is recognised."

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpools-luis-suarez-can-win-2937242#ixzz2nnvmuINi

No comments:

Post a Comment